Tuesday 30 October 2012

Toxic Treats Tic Tac Holder FREE Tutorial

Hello there,
I'm here today with the tutorial I promised you making a Tic Tac holder for Halloween. I just love Halloween, it's second only to Christmas in our house but unfortunately the weather forecast is predicting rain tomorrow, boo! Fingers crossed they are wrong eh??
So, the tutorial. By following this tutorial you can get 6 of these holders from one A4 sheet of card (I used Old Olive card for these) so it's quite economical which is always good when you have a lot to make! 
So, let's begin by cutting your card down the length, in half at 10.5cm and then cut each piece into 7.5cm sections
 Score at 4.5cm and 6cm along the 10.5 side as shown here
 Next I stamped the gate from Toxic Treats in Old Olive ink onto what will be the front of the holder
 Then embossed with the Chevron Folder, you can get 2 in the new bigger folders if you are making a batch
 This is what it looks like when embossed
  stamp the gate again but in Staz On on to white card this time
 Punch out with the 1+3/4" circle punch
 then ink all the edges and crease lines with Basic Grey ink and a sponge for a spooky effect
 add a small piece of red line tape to the centre front 
 and add a 45cm piece of ribbon to the tape, ensuring the centre of the ribbon is positioned in the middle of the centre scored section
 add some dimensionals to the back of the punched gate image
 and adhere over the ribbon, lining up the image 
 adhere the tic tac's to the inside with more red line tape
 finish by tying the holder closed using the ribbon
and here are some of them together, they really didn't take very long at all and I will definitely be making more for Christmas ;-)
 Well, I hope you have enjoyed this little tutorial and if you have a go at making some then please remember to share them with me, I love to see what you make ;-)
Stampin' Hugs from me today

2 comments:

  1. Great project SJ - thanks for sharing - you're so kind
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea - and also possible for Christmas, Easter, Birthdays...
    Thanks for sharing,
    Nessie

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...