Wednesday 9 January 2013

Stovetop Pot-Pourri recipe with a little box tutorial too!

Hello there,
Today I have the gift we made for Christmas for the children's teachers and for our neighbours too, along with the tutorial I promised you for the box to put them in. 
We made the Stovetop Pot-Pourri after seeing it a lot on Pinterest.
 I adapted it slightly (just less cranberries really) so I had enough for everyone I needed with what I had :-) My recipe is a little further down this post or HERE is the original post....
So, this is what it looked like when I finished...
 I also dried some orange slices and made cinnamon tags too (simply apple sauce and dried cinnamon or I used in-expensive mixed spice, mixed together to make a dough and baked on a low heat in the oven) tied on with linen thread
 the pot-pourri consisted of a Cinnamon Stick, a level tablespoon of cloves, a whole orange and a handful of cranberries and a half a small or third of a large nutmeg which I simply crushed into chunks with a rolling pin. 
I had a pot on the go all over the holidays and the house smelt just like Christmas should! I will definitely be making this every year from now on. Oh how I love a new tradition ;-)
 Anyway, I wanted to send it in a little box, all decorated up and looking pretty so this is my other share with you for today ....
So, begin with an A5 piece of card (14.8cm x 21cm) score along the 14.8cm side at 4cm and 11cm
 then along the 21cm side at 4cm and 17cm
 now, before you crease the score lines stamp your design all over, I used Serene Snowflakes (retired) in white craft ink
 next re-enforce the score lines with your bone folder
 cut along the score lines as shown
 glue the end flaps you have created
 and fold up to make the open top box, hold with a clip as shown 'till the glue dries
to give the back of the bags a bit of rigidity I added a large matching colour (crumb cake) card layer which I glued inside the box before adding the smaller and embossed (with the chevron folder ;-)) and a printed, die cut instruction layer to the outside of the box 
 and here it is from the front again.
Well, that's me again for the day, I have some more work to be done before fetching the kiddies from school,
Back soon with more goodies 
Stampin' Hugs from me for today,

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous - might give it a go later this year!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful gift and a beautiful box! I can only imagine how wonderful it smells!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...