Wednesday 15 January 2014

Sweetheart Treat Bags made 3d (with a FREE Tutorial!)

Helloooo!
I am back on the blog today with another little tutorial for you :-) As you can probably guess I have been back in my craft room in the last few days as I have had a (little) bit more time to myself this week ;-)

Anyway, I was desperate to have a play with the super cute Sweetheart Treat bags

I really like these little bags but was wondering what I could put in them?? Perhaps a cookie? But that's not really a big thing here in the UK, a flat packet of sweets (mini Haribo I was thinking), maybe? 

Then I had a lightbulb moment and remembered one of the projects we had at convention to turn a flat paper bag into a 3d treat holder, so I had a play around with these little bags and came up with this using the bags and the Hello, Lovely stamp set...
So, here's a little tutorial on how you turn a bag into a box(ish) ;-)
 Fold both sides in. Make sure they are the same width, these bags are about 8.8cm wide so I folded my sides at approx 2cm. Obviously you can measure and score on your Simply Scored board but I simply did it by eye ;-)
 next, fold up the bottom, I used the bottom folded flap as my measure
 re-enforce all the score lines with your bone folder
 Snip up to the horizontal score lines along the two (side) vertical lines
 now, snip just the two sides open at the end like so...
Gently push the "box" open, 
TIP: I found my bone folder was useful here too
 Adhere the flaps closed at the bottom, I recommend using either Tombow (my first choice)or Sticky Strip

Flip it the right way up and press down inside, again a bone folder really helps here
 Next, press in at the sides (not the easiest thing to photograph when doing this tutorial home alone!) and push the front and back together
 before folding over at the required height
 wrap (the included) Bakers twine around the top three times and tie in a bow to seal
 and here is the finished box!
I added a sentiment from Hello, Lovely to the (also included with the bags) striped banners using a mini staple or two...
and a cute arrow, which I stapled some more bakers twine to, before adhering to the box with a glue dot
OK, that's me done for today, I hope you have enjoyed today's post/tutorial and remember these bags are only available 'till the 27th of January so get yours, quick!
 Thanks for looking today,
Stampin' Hugs,
Products Used to create this project: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...