Thursday 12 June 2014

Clockworks for a Man!

Hello there,
I have had another really busy week this week. Kids things (loads), work (plenty), classes (fun!), magazine work to complete (nearly done) and hospital check up on broken finger (all good now), so the blog has been a bit neglected I'm afraid. But, I shall now make it up to you by sharing a pair of projects for a (the) man in your life which is somewhat appropriate as it's Father's Day here in the UK this weekend ;-)
So, I used the handy, but sadly retiring, Clockworks stamp set (so only available while stocks last or 'till the end of the month- blah-de-blah- you get it right? If you "need" it, you better get it quick smarts ;-)) with some gold (always a winner), linen thread and burlap ribbon on a gift bag made from a flat bag! 
Take a look...
 I used a sentiment from Itty Bitty Banners and added a simple pattern around it as I found this the easiest way to make sure the sentiment fit and was straight ;-)
(all codes are at bottom of each post and are for clear mount stamp sets but wood is also usually available, take a look in my SHOP)
we sprinkled the card with gold embossing powder but did it as the ink was drying so it only caught in places, I like this not so rigid effect with heat embossing for a man 
(click pictures to take a closer look)
 And to go with the card a matching(ish) gift bag,{see how to make this with THIS TUTORIAL} .We added the embellishments to the fold over section at the top so they can be removed easily to fill and then be received without spoiling the bag ;-)
 close up of the tag made with Starburst dies, sentiment is Teeny Tiny Wishes
A final pic together again, ahhhh ;-)
OK, that's me done for today but I have finally found the "before" pictures and edited (with labels) the "after" photos of my craft room so tomorrow will be the BIG REVEAL!!
Be sure to come back and see!!
Stampin' Hugs from me for today,

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic gift set for a guy! I love the idea of letting the ink dry a bit before embossing for a patchy effect. Gives it a wonderfully aged look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...