Wednesday 28 January 2015

Table Top Quilted Camera Bag

Hello,
I do have something crafty to share with you today but just for a change I tried my hand at a little sewing recently. Now, I don't sew a lot so please be gentle - I'm certainly no expert!! but I did enjoy myself, I must admit ;-)
What I wanted was a quilted bag for my new camera to sit in when I'm in my craft room working. I often take a picture when I place things on a card before I glue them down and of course I do those little tutorials for you guys on here too! So I needed something small-ish and not too bulky to protect my camera from glue and knocks in my craft room while it was on my desk but that would make it still easy to get to at the same time.
I imagined a little quilted, open top bag but as I had never quilted anything, ever (!) I watched a couple of fab videos on You Tube by The Missouri Star Quilt Company. Jenny there explains things so well. I watched how to make a bag and a pin cushion then designed this camera bag using a few of her tips. Take a look...
 Now, I know it's not perfect - but it is pretty ;-)
 I picked this pretty fabric up in a shop in Salisbury while visiting with my friend Laura
At the bottom of the bag I double layered the batting and sewed wider strips so it had more "bounce" to protect the camera when popping it in the bag.
 And it's just prefect for my little camera, I use it all the time!
Well, I hope you have enjoyed today's something different?
For sneak peeks of projects I'm working on, in real time, please consider following me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, all links below :-)
I'll be back tomorrow with a card and a tutorial to share with you.
Thanks for looking today,
Stampin' Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...