Thursday 24 September 2015

Our Weekend at The Handmade Fair and in London plus news of Weekly Deals too!

Hello,
As promised I have collated a selection of pictures from the weekend at the Handmade Fair. We had a really wonderful time there and can highly recommend it to anyone who loves any kind of crafting!! We have already made plans to go again next year :-)
I met my dear friend Laura there and took Zoe with me for a good old fashioned girly day, here is the obligatory selfie from the end of the day! 
Please note some of the photos today are phone pictures so not as good as usual ;-)
The classes were brilliant and great value (if chargeable, but many were free!) as we got to have a go at crafts that we hadn't tried before or didn't know if we would like (we certainly did!) and learn a few basic techniques including what equipment you really need to get started without purchasing a load of things that are not essential :-)
So, let me share a few pics with you. These were the biscuits from our icing class with the Buiscuiteers. Sadly the ones with lots of icing stuck to the top (mine!), but they still tasted great!! We all felt we had learned enough of the basics that we would give it a go at home. Zoe's set had more dots on and they definitely fared better for the end of the day ;-)
We also went to a sewing class with Janome (We all loved the machine we used, it's most definitely on our wish lists now!!) where we made a brooch, a papercraft class with Craft Asylum where we made the pin wheel, as you see here we didn't finish this as it was so hot sat at the front of the tent! and a few displays from the tents. My only purchases were this set of fat quarters, I just couldn't resist the sewing machines ;-)
 And the last class of the day was felting. Again, we all loved this class and would love to make some more things with felt! I made the large flower and the sheep. Zoe's was the single flower with the cute bee. 
 The great thing about all the classes was that everyone was so friendly! We chatted and shared ideas with the lovely people around us and it really brought back to me the value of classes and sharing! 
With that said, my class dates can be found HERE. I'd love for you to come along and feel as happy with your makes and enjoy yourself as much as we did :-)
~~~
We stayed overnight in a local hotel and spent the next day in London. Zack was really little the last time we went on the London Eye there and couldn't remember it so we planned this surprise now they were a bit older. There was a lot of fun things going on the Southbank on Sunday because of Fashion/Design Week and of course the rugby including this cool 3d glasses/phone to look around the stadium and a very yummy lunch at a street food market.
We had a lovely and much needed weekend and I hope you have enjoyed this snapshot of our time away?


Before I go I want to quickly share this weeks deals with you as they are fab! Plus remember there have been new bits added to the Clearance Rack. You can see both these offers in MY SHOP as well as the Autumn/Winter supplement catalogue and the Annual Catalogue too :-)
Here are the deals...
And here is a tag I made for some canned fruit earlier this year, I love these tag topper punches and if you want to see more makes; both tags and cards please pop "Tag Topper Punch" into the search bar on the right hand side of this blog :-)
If you are still reading, congrats and thanks for sticking with me today. It turned into a super long post! Phew!
I'll be back again tomorrow with another make :-)
Stampin' Hugs, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...